Topics > Tech

My 1969 Chevy Custom 10 HR

(1/3) > >>

Lee:
My latest work in progress is a 1969 Chevy C10.  I picked this beast up for 585 bucks on ebay.  I'm in for about 400 bucks in sheet metal.  Once the structural sheet metal is done I will be doing the bare minimum to get her on the road.  Numbers matching, running 307 and all.

The dash wiring had caught on fire in the past and was basically destroyed.  Luckily the ends on the harness and fuse block were still intact, so I spent this past weekend repairing the harness with new wire and some new ends.  As of now I have all of the electrical in the truck functioning and the motor starts and runs very well.

I also bought a '71 C20 parts truck that will hopeully be getting Rat Truck treatment in the future (chopped, channeled, and butt ugly)

Progress pics of the '69

sean:

--- Quote from: Lee on April 14, 2010, 01:28:42 PM ---
Numbers matching, running 307 and all.

--- End quote ---

Holy crap, great find. I wish I could have found a decent C10 around here, but nobody lets them go unless they are wrecked beyond repair or they are "restored" and want big $$. Really nice find.

Oh yeah, gonna bookmark this topic. Welcome to hoodride.

Lee:
Yeah, I really lucked out on this truck.  In spite of the body work it needs, it was an extremely good deal.  I will definitely be updating this thread as I make more progress.

Ceezer:

--- Quote from: sean on April 14, 2010, 04:19:57 PM ---Holy crap, great find. I wish I could have found a decent C10 around here, but nobody lets them go unless they are wrecked beyond repair or they are "restored" and want big $$. Really nice find.

--- End quote ---

Same thing here.  I really love the C10 and have tried to find one a few times, but even really rough projects are going for several thousand.  One that is done, or close enough, is in the tens...

Lee:
Been awhile since I have updated the thread.  Got all of the cab work done for the most part, and it's on the road now.  Gave it an interim coat of semigloss black until I can get the bed sides welded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version