Author Topic: Daddy-o's 1963 Falcon  (Read 14838 times)

Daddy-o

• Daddy-o
    • View Profile
    • JettBoy
Daddy-o's 1963 Falcon
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
My hoodride is a 1963 Falcon Futura and it was my daily driver for about 8 years. It came from the factory with a 170 cid straight six and 2-speed automatic. Now, however it has a 302 (68 Mustang), C4 tranny (74 Mustang) and a 9" with 3.50 gears. Basically, it looks like your mom's but runs like that guy you don't want dating your daughter.

At the moment I am struggling a bit with some timing issues. Basically I made several big mods all at once so there was a lot of room for error. I had the heads re-machined due to a dropped valve and while I had the top half broken open I figured I might as well add that dual plane intake and 4-bbl I'd been wanting. Somehow, when I stabbed the distributor I missed my mark.  I've spent the past few Saturdays in search of TDC without much luck. You see, at some point years ago I swapped out the original V6 radiator for a big, bad-ass aluminum job for better cooling (this IS Texas). The only problem was that the one I found (hood-find) was a cross-flow and the 68 Mustang water pump is a down-flow setup. A buddy suggested I swap out the water pump for one from a 74 Mustang as these were cross flow. It bolted right in and the new radiator was hooked up. Only problem was that now my timing marks are completely covered up. Might have to pull the intake and watch the lifters to find TDC. More to come later. Wish me luck.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:33:27 PM by Daddy-o »
Daddy-o
FoMoCo Fan, Dedicated Gear-Head

sean

• Administrator
  • trying too hard
    • View Profile
Re: Daddy-o's 1963 Falcon
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
Basically, it looks like your mom's......

I wouldn't mistake that for a mom car. And dammit, those old colors are fuckin rad.

Daddy-o

• Daddy-o
    • View Profile
    • JettBoy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
Thanks Sean, and thanks for starting up the kick-ass group. Me and Chencho wrench together pretty often and he pointed me here.
Daddy-o
FoMoCo Fan, Dedicated Gear-Head

chencho

• Global Moderator
  • Soy el chingon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »
Glad you found the forum mang. Now get to work on that Falcon!