Author Topic: Kempes Barndoor Resto  (Read 27858 times)

Plastilina Mosh

• View Profile
Kempes Barndoor Resto
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:44:09 AM »
Found in a ditch and dug out of the mud. The real deal:

Rich

• View Profile
Re: Kempes Barndoor Resto
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:32:27 AM »
awesome find man!!! what are your plans??

72superguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »
Does it have barndoors in both sides?

Ceezer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:20:48 AM »
Holy shit!  That thing is bad, and in amazing shape for the condition in which it was found!

Plastilina Mosh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:35:03 AM »
It's not actually mine. A friend from Europe sent me these progress pictures. We have been finding and restoring lost or abandoned VW's for years. The plan is always to get them mechanically new, tight and back on the road. Then we attempt to keep the original weathered paint and repair the body utilizing metal with little or no bondo. New rubber seals and clean interior etc.

Holy shit!  That thing is bad, and in amazing shape for the condition in which it was found!
It's almost like it was preserved in the earth. I find old VW's in this condition all the time. Most people make the mistake of stripping them and "starting over". In the process the originality is lost and cheap parts are often used. I found the quality of a build is in the re-use of factory pieces.

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:02:50 AM »
It's not actually mine. A friend from Europe sent me these progress pictures. We have been finding and restoring lost or abandoned VW's for years. The plan is always to get them mechanically new, tight and back on the road. Then we attempt to keep the original weathered paint and repair the body utilizing metal with little or no bondo. New rubber seals and clean interior etc.

It's almost like it was preserved in the earth. I find old VW's in this condition all the time. Most people make the mistake of stripping them and "starting over". In the process the originality is lost and cheap parts are often used. I found the quality of a build is in the re-use of factory pieces.

this is so true
57 ghia wrecked
59 ghia
64 project bug
71 super fatchick

chencho

• Global Moderator
  • Soy el chingon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »

this is so true

100%

chencho

• Global Moderator
  • Soy el chingon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
Kemps update. Spotted at a show in the UK

Great find... dug-up from the grave remind you.

kennykrom

• speedbumps is a crime !! :D
    • View Profile
    • http://www.garaget.org/kennykrom
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
 :lol:  OMG !!! I F***ING LOVE IT !!!! the perfect hoddie ! awsome find ! :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:30:36 AM by Rich »
Www.meanbugs.com. Lowrider forum and website , www.aircoolers.com forum sweden

my page and builds:

http://www.garaget.org/kennykrom

Fooksy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
So good to see another one saved!!!! love ur work!!!!