Author Topic: why and shit  (Read 18491 times)

sean

• Administrator
  • trying too hard
    • View Profile
why and shit
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:55 PM »
So yeah. I bought hoodride.com. Why? I love cars that are functional, fast and fun without the need for a $8000 paint job or 30inch wheels. But whatever, who the fuck am I to judge, but people that can't change their oil amaze me. What do I drive? I have a beat-up 95 jeep wrangler for the wife that has four different body colors, a 01 4Runner family hauler that has a lot of dents and has never been washed, a 91 CRX that i gave to my mother that you can put your finger through the body work and a 95 full-size chevy truck that has an exhaust note that sounds like demons fucking. My truck was bought for $2500 total and will hopefully have only another $1500 to finish it, excluding some drag slicks for fucking around.

Second reason I bought the domain is that I didn’t want it falling into a some rabid VW owners hands. I like VW’s and have owned 5 of them over the last 15 years or so but I don’t think that hoodrides should be synonymous with VW’s. I love ya to death, but you VW owners are some militant motherfuckers. Seriously. Someone recently told me that "Hood doesnt = VW. just VW’s represent alot of hood", and I have to agree. And if anyone has a air-cooled bus in the Savannah/Jacksonville area, let me know because I have space in the driveway.

Finally, I was asked recently if I was associated with the previous owner(s) of the domain name. No, I am not. Prove it you say? No problem. I do not want to sell you anything. I do not plan to make a profit from this website. You want a hoodride.com t-shirt? Learn how to stencil and make it yourself. I do most of what I do because in the infinite words of a good friend "I am a grown ass man" and I do what the fuck I want. Even if what I do has to be within a certain boundary.

So yeah. Come on in here and stay a while. I want to hear about your budget builds and your hoodride that you love and your friends/family detest. Or don't stay, I am probably too drunk to give a shit.

Oh yeah, some pics of my baby. She's getting a satin black paint job soon.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:52:25 PM by sean »

Gustavo Trepin

• View Profile
Re: why and shit
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Hello everybody! I am Brazilian and I love my car and did not care much about style!

after what happened with the old group hoodride, I may have to change your style! Now do not think I found new friends here in this forum!

congratulations to the creator, who rescued this lifestyle!

my car:

johnbrown2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »
I like my borbet's like my pizzas...... deep dish 'n' greasy!

Ceezer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:09:14 AM »
I was cleaning up my boomkarks yesterday and decided to give this URL one last check before deleting it indefinitely.  I was highly surprised to this here, and look forward to seeing it work out for you.

A not-so-rabid VW guy
;c)

kennykrom

• speedbumps is a crime !! :D
    • View Profile
    • http://www.garaget.org/kennykrom
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »
cool fuckin bug man :D !
Www.meanbugs.com. Lowrider forum and website , www.aircoolers.com forum sweden

my page and builds:

http://www.garaget.org/kennykrom

treadmarked81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
I love dubs and any old crusty bucket. I'm up to car number 59 and I still have new ideas everyday. I have a love for the oddball cars as much as the old street rods and land yachts.

THE BLUE COLLAR BOYS...

chencho

• Global Moderator
  • Soy el chingon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »
Welcome. Post more pics over on the Lifestyle section. Let's see more what you're building...